Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Interlocking rings of joy

Watching last Friday's episode of Grimm tonight, I was really happy.

Yeah, sure the episode itself was good. I've always like Grimm's Fairy Tales and the wesen are always cool. Especially that hot blonde Hexenbiest. But I digress (what else is new, right +Craig Bacon and +George Root?

No. The thing that excited me was the five golden interlocking rings under NBC's famous peacock logo. There's only 65 days until the 2014 Winter Olympics start. Did you hear me? Sixty-five days!

See, for me the Winter Olympics are like a Christmas on the Fourth of July. The Summer Olympics remind me much more of Thanksgiving. For those who don't know it, that's not a good thing from my perspective. But we've got years to worry about that waste of time. The Winter Olympics is in a mere 65 days.

Basically the Winter Olympics is a bunch of sliding -- skiing, bobsledding, luge, ski jumping, snowboarding -- and controlled slipping -- ice skating, hockey, speed skating, curling, and cross country skiing. Any nine-year-old boy has perfected every single one of these sports either on a hill in winter or on their parents' linoleum kitchen floor.

In other words, for two and a half weeks in February I get to relive my youth vicariously through Olypmic athletes. In 65 days I'll be nine again. How could I not be excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment